Monday, February 07, 2005

Superbowl Party

Yesterday evening I had a Superbowl party for my coworkers (and their wives) as a way of passing the time. It certainly worked. Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the game, I was busy showing coworkers around my house and making sure that everything was up to snuff. I did get to see a few plays, but generally things happened as expected, the Eagles lost. However, I'm happy it was a reasonably close game and not a total blow-out.

There were 10 people, including one two-year old, over, so the sofa I bought the day before definitely came in handy. It seems I could use a coffee table though as many people had issues finding a place to put their drinks (I always put mine on the floor).

I missed most of the good commercials that night, which was a bit of a bummer as that was mostly what the party was about. The one I did get to see, I thought was great (cat spills tomato sauce on floor, man who is chopping vegetables grabs cat by scruff of neck, knife still in the other hand as his wife walks in the door to see him holding the cat & knife with tomato sauce all over the floor in a Fatal Attraction kind of moment), though I hear now that animal activists are up in arms about it. The commercial was about not judging too quickly, so of course people are going to get all upset. Who lets these losers on the planet anyway?

Well, if yesterday was any prediction of this Saturday's housewarming party, things should go pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home