Saturday, January 22, 2005

Lots of snow

Yesterday and last night we got lots of snow. I think I got about 8 inches at my house, and that doesn't count drifts from the 30mph+ winds or what the snow plows conveniently leave at your driveway.

My little snow thrower did an excellent job. It's able to deal with snow levels as tall as it, and you can drive it up snow banks and have it slowly work its way down them. However, the winds were still blowing this morning, and they were changing direction, which makes throwing the snow a real pain. I start on one side of the driveway, do a couple of passes, and then the wind changes directions and I have to switch to the other side and blow snow over the bit that I just cleared. This happened once again, when I was close to finishing, and I decided to just take the snow bath instead. I ended up leaving about a quarter of an inch of snow all over the driveway because of this, but hopefully the sun will take care of it. I should get some salt though, just to be sure.

I decided to be a nice neighbor and do my neighbor's sidewalk and driveway apron as well. His other neighbor took care of the other side of his sidewalk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home