Tuesday, January 18, 2005

When it rains...

Normally I don't like to talk about personal things in my blog (well, not super-personal things), but what the heck, it's not like someone died...

So, along with turning over a new leaf out here in Minnesota, I thought I should try harder to find that "special someone". So far I'm not having much luck. Actually, I guess that's the normal state of affairs when it comes to finding a woman, so maybe I'm actually doing just fine... Here's my story, you can be the judge.

The only lady at my work (who's about 10 years older than me) set me up with a friend of hers (who is about 7 years older than me). We met once, before Christmas, and while we both seemed to enjoy the meeting and she said that she wanted to meet up again, she never had the time. After more than a month of trying to dinner (or anything) again, we were set to meet for dinner and a movie with her friends on Saturday. I got an e-mail Thursday morning saying she said she was too busy to hang out with her old friends, let alone make new ones. Instead of being angry, I actually felt quite sorry for her. If she doesn't have time for a simple dinner at least once in over a month, she's working far too hard.

Friday evening I met up with a friend of an internet friend for drinks and a movie. Well, drinks didn't work out because she was running late, got a little lost, and movies out here start closer to 7pm, rather than 8pm. We were able to make it to theater with plenty of time, however, because there's like 10 minutes of previews. We saw Aviator, which was as long as it was boring. After the movie we go back to TGIF, where we had met, for a light dinner and drinks. We talked for about an hour and things seemed to be going well. However, she lives about 50 miles from where I do, so ultimately I think we both knew it wasn't going to work. However, having a movie-or-something buddy would be nice, and I think that's about what she was expecting too.

Well, on Monday she wrote me to say that she has been seeing another guy, and on Saturday they decided to make it "exclusive". She wasn't going to be able to hang out with me anymore. Ah, easy come, easy go.

Now it's time to start putting some serious effort into Match.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home