Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Salt works

As promised, I checked my sidewalk to see how the salt was working, and if it was going to stay around to keep the water from refreezing.

Yep, it did. Looking at my neighbor's sidewalk shows that his patches of wet sidewalk are ice, whereas my patches of wet sidewalk are just wet. The sun evaporated a little of the water, but not much. When it starts snowing later this week, not having a thin layer of ice below on the sidewalk will really be nice.

However, that melted water caused some issues. I think all of the salt on the driveway ran down with the melted water and is therefore no longer on the driveway. I'll see if that's the case when it starts to snow.

Also, all the water running down the driveway filled in my gutter at the driveway's apron. I have a large block of ice right there. The Blizzak tires didn't have an issue with it last night; I think momentum helped to get me over it, but I think I need to do something about it because I can't alway count on being able to zoom into or out of my driveway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home