Thursday, December 23, 2004

Lightning

I got the Lightning back this afternoon. Turns out that it only cost me $695 to have the head replaced. I guess Christmas came early for me!

Most of the work was covered under the warranty extension I negotiated with the service writer (and his subsequent call to Ford). The bill didn't break out what my part of the bill was covering, just listing my portion of the bill under "other work". But, hey, I'm not complaining when the bill comes in $1200 less than estimated and $2200 less than originally quoted. I would have liked to have seen the head though, if for nothing else than to see the extent of the damage.

Hopefully the #5-8 head won't ever go bad and pop its top, meaning that this will be the biggest expense of Lightning ownership that I ever experience. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know, I could get lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home