Thursday, December 02, 2004

More Snow!

Today was the first day, in as long as I can remember, that I got to see snow falling from the sky. It was a great day.

I'm not talking itty-bitty-little-I-think-that-might-be-frozen stuff. I'm talking big, white, frosted-flakes sized snow coming down in a thick blanket covering everything. It was SNOW! It started coming down while I was in a meeting, so I didn't know it was snowing until it had been coming down for at least 20 minutes. By the time I got out of the meeting, there was a nice blanket of thick wet snow on the ground, maybe 1/8" thick.

I immediately went outside, twirled around, threw my head back and stuck out my tongue, and was generally as giddy as a school girl. A coworker came out observe the spectacle and I immediately scooped up some snow, made a snowball, and landed a decent, yet glancing, blow across his back. It was great.

By the time I left for home, the snow had long since stopped falling, but the temperature had dropped into the high 20s. The snow and slush had frozen making it crunchy underfoot and thankfully a little less slippery than it had been at lunch time.

There was a minor fender bender a few blocks from work, but I'm not sure it was weather related as there didn't appear to be much, if any, snow or ice on the roads.

My drive home was uneventful, though my windshield wipers were trapped beneath a layer of snow and ice, rendering them impotent and useless. About 5 minutes with the front defroster on melted the snow enough for them to move, but they were unable to clear the ice from the lower windshield. Now I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home