Saturday, November 13, 2004

Furniture

Today I'm going out to the town of Becker (about 50 miles away), where Becker Furniture is located, to look at some gear for the new house. I need to get some furniture so when company comes over they have something to sit on or eat food on. Mom will be coming out for Christmas, and with a 5 bedroom house it would be a bit hard to explain why I don't have a spare bed, so I'll need to get one of those too. Not to mention the washer and dryer that I need to get (but I don't think Becker sells those).

A pool table or an air hockey table seems like a cool purchase too. I like air hockey and would love to have a table of my own, but pool is actually a game that I could play by myself. The tables are outrageously expensive, so if I'm only going to get one, it seems that pool makes more sense, but that doesn't stop me from wanting an air hockey table.

Only four more days until I close on my house! Yesterday I learned one more difference between buying a house in Minnesota versus California. In Minnesota, you need to buy your home owner's insurance before you come to closing and go there with a receipt. In California, the insurance company sends the bill to your escrow company and you pay for your first year's insurance out of your closing costs. Minor fiasco as I get the insurance agent to agree to bill the title & escrow company. This 11th hour stuff is getting old. Information I could have used yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home