Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Frost on the pumpkin

This morning I was greeted by a car covered in frozen dew. I saw it when I went to fitness center at 6:30am, but was hoping it would melt before I had to leave for work at about 8:30am. It didn't. No matter, I had my new handy dandy combination scraper & brush, and it worked quite well. The scraper is lots of fun to use, making nice long ice shavings. Instant snow! It took about 5 minutes to scrape all the windows. I found out that while the scraper is first rate, the brush is fairly useless. Maybe it will work better for snow, but it really just smeared the remaining ice shavings instead of clearing them. I let the car warm up while I was scraping, so I got in to a nice toasty seat (yea seat warmers!) and a car that was ready to pump out some, but not yet enough heat. In the 15 seconds it took me to back out of the driveway and turn into the sun, however, my breath and the remaining water in the air froze to the windshield and I was blinded as soon as I turned into the sun. Mental note, while warming up the car, turn the defroster on. I guess I'll be switching to the deicing windshield washer solution soon too. Too bad there isn't a drain to get rid of the existing solution. Maybe I can detach the line coming out of the pump and just pump the reservoir into a bucket so I can save the summer fluid. I'll have to give that a try.

1 Comments:

Blogger not your girl anymore said...

Try using some surgical tubing - and just siphone (sp?) it out.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home