Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Cheaper!

I went back to the store that I bought my mixer at yesterday because I forgot to get a cooling rack for the cake I'm going to bake tomorrow, and there was also a coupon for a free cookbook with the purchase of my mixer that I forgot to pick up. On the door I saw an add for a 50% off sale for today and tomorrow and wondered if my mixer could be on sale. Yes it was! To the tune of $60 less than yesterday. This makes the mixer that I bought just 20 dollars more than its second class citizen that I almost bought, and wasn't on sale today. Lucky for me I hadn't taken the receipts into the house, so a quick trip back to the car and I was $64 richer. Yea for me!

I spent a couple of dozen of those dollars on a pair of medium weight gloves and a 4-in-1 style hat that works in various configurations of on and off your head/face. This seems like a good thing for the area since it can be reasonably warm in the morning, then cold in the afternoon, or just as easily, the other way around.

To drive that point home, it was nice and warm this morning, but it apparently got cold in the evening. The water that collected on the top of my tonneau cover was frozen tonight by the time I got home. Looks like I bought those gloves none too soon. I'm looking forward to winter. It's going to be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home