Saturday, November 06, 2004

Birthday present

It seems that the birthday present I'll remember most this year is the head cold I got from my coworkers. Luckily it's not as bad as it could have been, but I still feel like garbage. Sore throat, runny nose, aches, weakness, fuzzy brain, the whole list. But that didn't stop me from making a trip to the Mall of America today.

Today was the last day of a Sears sale, and one of the things on sale was the aluminum jack that I had bought three weeks ago. They've got a 30 day price match, so I got more than $40 back. Yea for me! It seems I'm getting good at buying stuff right before it goes on sale. While I suppose it's not the best super power to have, it's not horrible. Still, I'd like to work on actually buying the item on sale instead of having to come back some time later to get my money back.

I did three laps around the Mall, one on each level, figuring that was the only exercise I'd get for the next few days, and to see what's actually in the Mall. The Mall's not that interesting. There's hardly any tech stuff in the Mall, it's mostly clothes and uninteresting stores. Sure, there's a Sears, a Bloomingdales, and a Nordstroms (and probably one other anchor store), but they're not that interesting, now are they?

Tomorrow I'll be going out to my cousin Mike's house in St. Michael, which is just west of Minneapolis, maybe an hour from where I live. I suppose that we'll watch a football game or two and in general get caught up with each other's lives. He's married and has a kid. That's about all I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home