Friday, November 19, 2004

What is the definition of fraud?

Yesterday I took a closer look at my closing costs forms, wondering exactly why closing costs so much, and noticed that I was being charged $414 for a home warranty. I thought this was odd since my realtor knew that the house was still covered by the original builder's warranty, and I'm the kind of guy that would just fix anything myself anyway. I called him to ask about why that was there, and how do we cancel the policy to get my money back. He apologized for not having noticed it before I signed the paper work and told me he would get it taken care of.

Turns out that the home warranty company hadn't even invoiced the title company! So now I'm paying for a home warranty that I didn't want, and actually don't even have! So, tell me, what exactly is the definition of fraud?

I'm not going to blow a gasket over this, but once again, not instilling me with a lot of confidence in the paper pushers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home