Wednesday, November 17, 2004

New house

This morning I go to the closing of my new (to me) house. Hopefully everything will go as planned. I already know that I'll have to write a check for $198.94 to complete the purchase, but that's OK since they let you write a personal check up to $1000. So much for the bankers giving me a high estimate on how much the closing funds would be before I wired the money into the escrow account.

It's interesting that in Minnesota the sellers show up at the closing at the same time as the buyers, as opposed to California where everything's done independently. I've already me the sellers, so it's not a problem, but I imagine it could very awkward for some people. I don't think I would have wanted to meet the people that I bought my first house from, for instance.

I can't actually move into the new place until after Thanksgiving because the current owners can't move to their new place right away. I'm being nice and not charging them any rent or anything, hoping that this will be some good karma in the bank, but somehow I really don't think the universe cares about karma. Bad things still happen to good people without regard to extenuating factors like genetics, healthy living, or altruism, but I guess I'm still hoping that somehow this will make a difference. I'm sure it helps them, and I'm hoping that they'll help someone else in the future, and maybe this will make the world a better place in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home