Thursday, September 29, 2005

Chilly morning

Whew, today was a bit nippy to ride the motorcycle, being a balmy 36 degrees this morning, but I decided to ride the 16 miles anyway. I'm trying to ride the motorcycle more, both to save on gas, and to just ride more.

I put the liner in my jacket, which was good since even on the 40-50 degree mornings I get chilled without it. I didn't put the liner in my overpants, thinking that I wouldn't need them. Wrong. I was good for the first five miles, but after that my quads were quite cold.

I put on a neck warmer but I didn't get it around my chin, which I was thinking wouldn't be a problem. Again, wrong. I should have put on my mouth and nose warmer too but elected not to. That was a mistake, but not as uncomfortable as the exposed chin. I'll need to figure out what I can do to stop the visor from fogging up too. For a couple of mile stretch I was driving with the left half moderately fogged and the right half completely clear. Weird since my breathing isn't obstructed.

It takes a little while to get used to the thicker winter gloves. I lurched off the line when the light turned green in Hudson (the only light on my way to work) due to cold hands and thick gloves. I'm sure I've looked more graceful.

I think I'll get those handlebar warmers, but other than that, I think I'm set to ride as long as the roads stay dry. Only saw one other motorcycle this morning, a full dress tourer. I'm glad to know I'm not the only crazy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home