Sunday, July 31, 2005

Birthday fun

Friday evening I went to the birthday party of Lori, one of my kickball teammates. It was held at Elsie's, a local bowling alley, but not your average bowling alley. It's part bowling alley, part sports bar, and part classy restaurant. We had a reserved section with our own private bar and server.

Lori has a great batch of friends, many of them driving or flying quite a distance to make it to her 30th celebration. Early in the party, before too many people arrived, I was able to chat with a few of them, being one of the few kickball people that was talking to non-kickball people.

Also at the party, and one of my fellow kickball teammates, was Saire, and I spent much of the evening talking with her. She has previously mentioned a desire to go motorcycling, as a passenger, so I've offered to take her out for a ride.

We'll probably be doing a ride along the Mississippi river Sunday afternoon/evening. I wish the weather was better today; highs in the upper 70's would be ideal, but instead they'll be in the low 90's. At least we'll be able to chat while riding, making wearing a helmet in this weather slightly more pleasant. She'll be wearing my old helmet and I bought a new helmet for myself, along with a second speaker/microphone setup to create an intercom with my Autocom setup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home