Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Red Dawn

This morning I was awakened by the crash of thunder at about 5:35am. That meant that I had to get up and close a few windows and to my great surprise I opened my eyes to find the entire world (at least all that I could see from my second story windows) an eerie red. It was more than just the cool red sky you get in the evening. It was more than just some red clouds. It was everything. It was like I had awakened on another planet. It was cool.

Too bad for you I was too tired to find the camera and take any pictures. By the time the heavy rain, howling wind, and non-stop thunder hit, the world had returned to a neutral blue/green/grey color. Now I fully comprehend the saying "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning." I wouldn't have wanted to be staring at storm like that if I was stuck in a little wooden boat in the middle of the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home