Sunday, July 17, 2005

Movie night

Last night I went out and saw Wedding Crashers and then met up with a coworker to see Fantastic Four.

Wedding Crashers was pretty darn funny, at least for the first 30 minutes. I didn't realize that it was an R rated movie either until topless women started flopping down onto beds. Was amazed me most was that during some pretty crass scenes, I heard more women laughing than men. Quite frankly, I was expecting that these kinds of scenes wouldn't play too well in middle America, but apparently they do. Maybe it's not so bad out here after all.

Fantastic Four was decent, not great, not bad, but not really as much of a "big screen" movie as I was expecting. There is action, but not as much as I expected. I had been warned by a different coworker that this was the case, so I wasn't disappointed. The movie also moves slower than I was expecting. They definitely spent a lot of time setting up the characters, though they never really explained why Von Doom's company was going bankrupt (though it appeared to be because of the cosmic storm incident, that doesn't really make sense). It really looks like they set up this movie as a lead in to another Fantastic Four movie. Hopefully we'll get another one in a couple of years that won't have to spend so much time explaining things to us and will be better for it.

I would say that each of the movies was worth the price of admission (about $8 here in MN).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home