Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Nothing much to say

It's been a while, and I've not had anything to report, so I thought I would type up a few things. I still don't have anything really interesting to say, but that's never really stopped me before.

Not much going on with the home front. I keep meaning to work on running more wires for the network, but I haven't. I suppose I should have run the wires to the rooms I don't use first, because once I got the wires that I really wanted/needed installed, the job pretty much hit a standstill. Isn't that always how it goes?

I realized last week, when a local Chili's opened up in Woodbury, how homesick for familiar food I have been. The nearest Outback is a little bit of a drive (nothing by MN standards, but I used to have one across the street from work), which is a bit off-putting. However, I actually went to Chili's much more often, and have fond memories since I almost always went with friends. Now there is one on my way home from work. I've taken the opportunity to go there four times in the last six days, and I'll probably go there again tonight.

As long as we're talking about the little things, every morning Lucy makes me laugh because it seems she can't eat without a quick trip through the pantry. Can you say obsessive compulsive? It used to be that she would run in as I scooped her food and jump on the shelves and otherwise make a pest of herself. I scolded her to the point where she no longer jumps on the shelves, but she still feels the need to be right there for the action. This translates into her dashing through my legs as I scoop her food and her running counter-clockwise through the pantry while making a squeaking sound, and running right back out to stand and yell at me. Every morning she does this, and every morning I laugh about the little patterns that seem to carry us though our day.

I saw this entertaining little article about Michael Schumacher, the Formula One race driver, talking about how he only gives his kids 2 Euros allowance each week. They're 8 and 6. Hardly seems news worthy -- must have been a slow news day.

1 Comments:

Blogger swamp4me said...

If you get a chance, you should post a picture of Lucy so we can see her.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home