Friday, February 18, 2005

Vegas Baby!

This weekend I head off to Las Vegas to meet up with about 30 friends for a massive birthday celebration. It should be interesting, and hopefully not too expensive. I'm hoping it will be lots of fun. If nothing else, it will give me a chance to catch up with some friends I've not seen in about six months.

I wonder what we'll do for three days. The B-Day guy isn't into strippers (that I'm aware of), drinking, or gambling, so I'm guessing it will just be a lot of night club dancing. I've tried to pack accordingly. I hope to be able to see a show or two. With 30 of us there, I imagine that we'll break up into half a dozen groups until we try to meet up for dinner and dancing later in the evening.

Checking the weather shows that Vegas is going to mid 50's and raining all weekend long. Well, that's about 50 degrees warmer than Minneapolis, so I'll take it. Most of my friends are from the San Francisco bay area where the weather is about the same as Vegas. Oh well, who knew? I'll have to bring my raincoat though. Ugh.

I feel a bit guilty leaving Lucy behind for three days, but she should survive. I got her a multi-day feeder and waterer, cleaned both litter boxes, and left the toilet seat up (just in case she knocks her waterer over, plus it entertains her). As long as she doesn't get into any trouble, she should be just fine. I imagine that she'll just do a lot of sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home