Saturday, October 02, 2004

Weather

Someone once said that there is no bad weather, just more or less interesting weather.

California definitely has generally less interesting weather than Minnesota. Last week we had a couple of days of just gorgeous weather, highs in the low 80's, low humidity, everything that you would want from weather. A couple of days later we had a really windy (60mph) day leading up to thunderstorms with some very entertaining lightning. The rain seems to come mostly when I'm working or sleeping, so it's not actually been a bother, which is quite nice.

Yesterday was very interesting. The morning started out 60F, but was quickly dropping, so by the afternoon it was 40F with a freeze warning posted for the night. The temperature outside this morning was a brisk 34F, but it didn't seem to phase me as I walk to the gym. It's a cold, crisp day with no clouds and a beautiful blue sky. The kind of days that I just love and had been missing in California. Today it should warm up nicely to the low 60's.

I'm definitely entertained by the weather out here. I'm looking forward to the snow, though this weekend I should probably get some snow tires for the truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home