Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Irony

I'm usually really good at turning off lights that I don't need, which is why I was very surprised to find the garage light on this evening when I went down to get my drill and bits. I can't even remember the last time I was in the garage. It must have been more than two weeks ago.

So, I'm sure you would be as surprised as me if, after turning that light off and then coming back two minutes later, you find the bulb burnt out when you turn it back on. Lucky for me there's a light in the garage door opener.

I needed the drill and bits to drill some holes in the top of my PC's case, over the CPU. My new CPU is running very hot, like at it's thermal limit, so I wanted to see if I could get the temperature down without resorting to a noisy CPU fan. So after drilling a handful of holes in the top case with the hand drill, I realized that I had a drill press. And lucky for me, it has its own light bulb. It even worked!

How come none of the holes I drilled with the drill press came out as straight or as good as the ones I did with the hand drill?

Well, that's irony for you. Shows up when you least expect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home