Saturday, October 02, 2004

Slowing down

These last few days have been nice. Not working so hard, so I've been able to slow down a bit and do some things that I wanted to do.

Thursday night a coworker and I went to a class called "How to invest on $25 a month". We were hoping that we'd learn something, anything, new. They gave out a couple of interesting handouts and explained the difference between Class A, B, & C mutual funds. Which was slightly interesting because I've always invested in Class D funds, which are no load funds.

All in all, it was an OK class, but I don't think I learned much, and my coworker complained that he didn't learn anything new. I can see that, it was really Investing 101 as much as it was Into to Investing, and that's not what we were expecting.

Friday was a fun day. Spent all day at work battling e-mail across a system upgrade. Frustrating, but a light day. I met with the realtor after work for an hour to look for already constructed homes in the Woodbury area and we found five interesting ones, including one geodesic dome. I'll be checking out the dome and a number of other homes this Saturday.

After meeting with the realtor, I buzzed on over to the local movie house to meet up with a coworker and his wife to watch Wimbledon. It was definitely a laugh out loud kind of movie. All three of us enjoyed it, though the young crowd behind us didn't seemed to be laughing quite as much as we were. It was nice to see Kirsten Dunst showing a bit more of her acting skills. She actually showed some range in this movie. It was a lot of range, but it was more than I had seen from her lately, and that was a bonus. I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone looking for a light, fun, not-so-much chick-flick kind of movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home