Sunday, April 03, 2005

OK weekend

This weekend wasn't quite as lazy as I wanted it to be, but it wasn't as active as it could have been either. A good combination I would say. Some of the highlights include...

On Saturday I spent an hour straightening up the main garage, moving some car specific stuff (tires mainly) out to the second garage to make room in the main garage for the shop area I want to get set up. Rooted through some boxes to find the good stuff and put the rest up in the attic. Getting close, but still needs a lot of work to get it really organized.

I then spent about an hour putting up the rear speakers of my surround sound setup. I hadn't put them up because I wasn't planning on turning my living into my home theater. Eventually, I decided that it's going to take quite some time to get the basement into home theater mode, and I shouldn't suffer poor movie audio in the mean time. Plus they were too expensive to be kept in a box! Tested them out by watching Point Break. A good movie with some really bad acting from Keanu Reeves, but it has DTS audio and I hadn't seen it in a while.

Today, Sunday, I was planning on going for a motorcycle ride with a coworker, but as of 3pm it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Bummer. But at least that kicked me into gear to get the side panel on my bike replaced. A few months ago, while I was away in CA and the bike was parked at work, where I'm told it would be safe, it seems some juveniles came by and pushed my coworker's bike into mine (trying for the domino effect?). They succeeded in getting his bike to fall into mine, breaking a $185 plastic side panel, but luckily my bike stayed upright.

Tonight I'm hoping that it will stay warm enough for me to ride the bike to my weekly Sunday night meeting with friends in Minneapolis. It's about 65F today, but with clear skies, the nights can quickly dip below freezing (though not far below). It's about a 25 mile ride into the city where we meet, which is a little longer than I can deal with a negative whatever wind chill (it doesn't have to be too cold, once you factor in that 70mph wind, to freeze you to the bone). If not this weekend, there will be plenty of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home