Monday, March 28, 2005

Dinner party

I felt like having a dinner party, so last Friday night I invited a couple of coworkers and their wives over for dinner and made a fancy dinner. Coq au vin (pronounced like cocoa van), which translates as "rooster in wine", but I used chicken breasts since the grocery store doesn't sell rooster. :-)

To complement the chicken I had an appetizer of potato skins loaded, a salad of mixed greens, and the sides for dinner were whole grain rice, noodles, and fresh green beans. For desert I made vanilla bean (with a real vanilla bean) ice cream (which I had to start the night before and churn Friday morning) and bought some strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Top it off with whip cream (out of can -- I didn't have that much time!) and desert was definitely enjoyed by everyone.

Everyone loved it, and I'm pretty sure they weren't just being nice (I ate it too, and we all know how picky an eater I am!). If only I had a real dining room table we wouldn't have had to stand around the kitchen counter eating.

I'm hoping to do another dinner party again in a couple of weeks for a different set of friends, but I have to figure out some other dish to make to keep things interesting (at least for me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home