Monday, October 11, 2004

I got it!

This evening, approximately in the middle of my second and final gourmet cooking class, I got a call from my realtor letting me know that they had accepted my offer on their house! Yea! We put closing for Nov 17 to give people time to move before Thanksgiving. I don't have to be out of my apartment any time soon, so I can take my time and probably won't really be moved in until early December. They seem to be in a hurry, however, so I was confused when they failed to take me up on my offer for them to set the closing date.

So that's a new, bright red, sports car on Saturday, a new bleached blond hairdo on Sunday (yeah, I forgot to mention that, but I'll post pictures sometime soon), and a new house on Monday. Wow, someone might think I was going through a midlife crisis. But I don't think I am. Really. Though I suppose if I end up with a 20 something blond on Tuesday, the circumstantial evidence would be enough to convict in any court.

To that end, a funny thing happened while shopping around for a better mortgage rate (so far best 30 year fixed is 5.5, with, I think, 0 points). The screener lady asked if I was single because her friend in the Woodbury area was looking for a good man. I guess if you're buying a $385k house in Minnesota they figure you can't be all that bad. However flattered I might have been, I'm pretty sure she could see my deer in the headlights look over the phone. What do you say to something like that? I almost told her to pass along my number, but I chickened out. Next time. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home