Thursday, September 02, 2004

As real as a $200 bill!

I love news of the weird. I try to read it every day. It affirms how much smarter than the average human I am.

Case in point is the cashier that accepted a $200 bill and made change.

The case of three die in crush for IKEA vouchers is tragic, but mildly amusing as well. Have these people never seen IKEA furniture before? I guess it's just sad commentary about the haves and have-nots, along with how greed can lead to devastation.

Speaking of devastation, I'm not sure who to vote for this year in the Presidential race. I don't like Bush, but I don't really think that Kerry is any better. I don't think the waffle thing has any merit though. Who doesn't change their mind? What about the balance of power? After all, Kerry was in the Senate, and it's not exactly their job to rubber stamp things the President wants. I can see how it would be easy to be for the generic idea of something, but against the specific implementation of that idea. I'm more fearful of stubbornness than I am of someone who changes their mind.

After all, we're electing someone that's suppose to represent us, and I for one would like someone who recognizes a mistake and recovers from it than someone who makes a mistake and keeps throwing good after bad in a strained effort to prove that it was a good decision in the first place.

I also don't like the idea of America being the planet bully. But that's a topic for a different day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home