Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Never enough sleep

I've been working 90 hour weeks for the past three weeks, and my sleep has been suffering for it. Yesterday I finally got to go home at a reasonable time. I decided that I should catch up on some of my TV viewing as my Replay is starting to fill up my PC's hard drive (via a cool program call DVArchive), so I decided to watch Lost in Translation, a Bill Murray film that got at least one Oscar (for best director I believe). Well, I stand by my general rule that anything that gets an Oscar isn't a movie for me. I would have been better served by going to bed early.

Saw this cool article on CNN about marathon mice that were genetically engineered to be able to run twice as far as normal mice and were unable to get fat, even when kept sedentary and fed a high fat diet. Where do I sign up?

Tonight I meet with the Realtor to begin the house search. I hope he's got some better leads than the 145 houses I looked at on his company's web site, because none of those looked like what I wanted. The basic problem is wood. There's too much of it in houses out here. Wood trim, wood cabinets, wood floors, wood pillars, wood railings, etc. I haven't seen any with wood paneling, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're out there. The problem with wood is that it's difficult to decorate around, and it will always be that color (it's much harder to restain than it is to repaint). I like the modern look of white kitchen cabinets and painted trim, but apparently I'm alone in that opinion. That makes me think that custom building is the way to go, but then would I build something that no one else will ever buy? That thought scares me too. Well, I guess buying a house is scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home