Sunday, August 22, 2004

Getting started (over)

Well, I've decided to take the plunge and start a blog. I wonder if I'll have anything worth saying, but I imagine that every once in a while I'll get lucky and post something interesting.

Today I also decided to take the plunge into the Minnesota housing market and called Dan, a realtor that's a friend of a friend. After selling my house in CA and moving out here, I've been renting a townhouse for a few months, not wanting to make a housing commitment. I moved 2000 miles and left all my friends behind, and people keep calling me crazy, expecting me to move back any day now, so that's made me hesitant. However, I can see housing prices starting to rise, and interest rates starting to rise, and I'm expecting to actually enjoy winter, so I really should get a house and start earning some equity. I need to live my life and do what I want and what I expect from myself, not what other people think. There are enough voices in my head already, I don't need them getting support from the outside. :-)

Tuesday I'll meet with Dan and go over some properties and hopefully he'll give me some good advice of where to buy. I'm looking for something that's got a big garage and a big basement. I need the garage because I like to work on cars (and other things) and have a truck (Lightning), a FM II Turbo Miata, a motorcycle (DL 1000), and a trailer to haul the Miata to the track. I want a big basement too because I've got a big screen TV and I'd really like to have a full blown media room, and maybe a party room too. I've got a long list of what I want in a house, but I'll save that for another blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guy said...

Cool beans! I expect a killer housewarming party.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home