Monday, August 30, 2004

New home?

Yesterday I went out looking at to look at homes with my realtor, but unfortunately we didn't really get to look at many because of the Sunday night Saints game at 5:05. We started after his open house, so we didn't get started until 2:30, but that was OK because it let me catch up on my TV. So many shows, so little time (lots of disk space though, so I'm waiting for a three day weekend to really catch up). But I digress.

We went out and drove by a nice looking (blue!) rambler in Woodbury, but it was in a community association (which I'm not too keen on) and at about $435k, $50k more than the upper limit for what I wanted to spend. I'm sure I can get a good home in a good location for about $350, based on looking at spec houses and the parade of homes I did a month ago. I just need him to find them and show them to me. We went by a spec home in who knows where (somewhere very south of Woodbury along I35) to meet a builder rep whom my realtor thought would be a good person to work with to pick out a home that would suit my wants and the general needs of the population at large so that I could be reasonably certain of still being able to sell my house in the future.

We saw her one home, took a lot of paperwork on some of their home plans, and left hoping to not be too late to the game. Got there at the bottom of the second inning, and the Saints were already down two nothing. But they tied it up with a three run homer in the fifth and then took the lead in the seventh, so when it started pouring rain in the bottom of the 9th, a lot of people immediately left (that rain was COLD!). We stayed to watch the last two outs just to make sure that the Saints did really win.

This coming weekend I hope to be able to actually see the insides of more than one than home. This is looking like it's going to be long process. I just hope it's not a painful process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home