Monday, April 18, 2005

Sand

Today was a beautiful day to take the motorcycle to work. On Friday and Saturday it rained, and rained, and rained some more, probably dropping an inch or more. I expected this to have done a good job of cleaning the roads.

However, I suppose that the wind blew a lot of stuff from the side of the road into the middle, up against the center divide because when I got off the freeway and turned left, I found myself staring at about 15 pounds of sand right on my line. I didn't think much of it, but slowed down and tried to take the corner reasonably upright. However, sand is evil and it reached up and grabbed me, trying to pull me down. I gave it a swift kick and it released me. Disaster averted. Definitely exciting though.

I think the city must have noticed this as well because they had multiple street sweepers out cleaning around the center divides. They had a giant orange sand truck running interference for the sweepers as they moved against traffic. It was quite odd for a couple of reasons. One, street sweepers are large enough to be seen quite well on their own. Why the sand trucks? And two, why did they need to run against traffic to clean the center divide? Don't they have brushes on both sides? Very strange.

Hopefully the sand will be gone by the time I get back from work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home