Saturday, April 16, 2005

Moments

Life is made up of little moments, all interconnected, sometimes blurring together, but distinguishable none the less. Lately I've been more in tune with myself and the world around me so that I can better appreciate these moments as they come.

There were a few interesting moments on the motorcycle last week. One where I went into a corner too quickly and had a moment of panic as I thought I might not make the corner. I quickly overcame the panic, realized that I was hardly leaned over at all, leaned over more, looked through the corner and made it out no problem. The moment had passed, but I'll remember it for quite some time.

There was another moment, again on the motorcycle, at the crest of a hill where I was distracted by a semi coming at me, crowding me in my lane as it passed a car stopped on the side of the road. I looked forward to notice the car in front of me was stopped. Once again, I quickly panicked and recovered. I made a gentle curve onto the (quite wide) shoulder. I easily missed the stopped car, but if I had been in my car, things wouldn't have gone quite so nicely. Strangely this moment doesn't stand out as much as the first, though it probably should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home