Saturday, April 30, 2005

Hitchhiker's

Last night I went out with a coworker and his wife to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and get dinner.

I was largely unimpressed with the movie. It wasn't nearly as funny as I was expecting. I smiled through much of it, though I laughed only a couple of times. And what disappointed me the most was that it wasn't really a "big-screen movie". The special effects were nothing all that special and the plot was nothing too interesting (standard boy meets girl, boy looses girl, boy searches for girl kind of story with very few, if any, plot twists). I liked the commentary from the very much, however.

The dinner afterwards was very nice. We went across the street to an Outback, had a couple of drinks and a light dinner. We talked about nothing special. In fact, I can't even remember what we talked about just a few hours later. Just the basic kind of "getting to know you" kind of chatting since I hadn't ever been out to dinner with them before. They are very nice people, down to earth, intelligent, and funny. Good people.

I hope we can get to do it again some time soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, not nearly as good as I was expecting, though the one person with a British sense of humor that I saw it with definitely enjoyed it much more than the two Americans.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home