Tuesday, June 14, 2005

eDisharmony

Last week I was in California at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference for business.

Among other things that were discussed, I talked with an old friend about his dating experiences of late. He's getting married! Yea for him. I asked him how he had met the lucky lady, since we were both having issues meeting people (and I'm always looking for good ideas). He said that eHarmony had found him his match. He highly recommended it.

Tonight I decided to give it a try. While I was prepared for the inevitable rejection that dating brings with it, I was not prepared to be rejected by eHarmony. Apparently I'm in the 20% of the public that they just haven't figured out, and rather than give me some bad matches, they're going to give me no help whatsoever.

I have to say, being told that you're that unlikely to find a compatible person hurts almost as much as being rejected by a real person. Ouch. Is my nose bleeding?

4 Comments:

Blogger s. p. stanley said...

You should stick with it anyway. The truth is that you'll end up with lots of potential dates (despite eHarmony's predictions), and the interface is good at helping you manage them.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

It's not that they didn't think they could get me a match, it was that they weren't even going to try! They just kicked me off the system and basically said sorry, we can't help you, so we're not even going to try. Well, at least they didn't want any of my money.

11:09 AM  
Blogger s. p. stanley said...

I had the same exact issue, but there was some way to go ahead and try anyway. Not that it matters. Ms. Darling was way better than eHarmony for me. You should let her get to know you better, so she can find you a match.

9:48 AM  
Blogger -=a=- said...

Yeah then I can get the referal credit too punk!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home