Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weird

So we've all heard of, and probably experienced, door to door sales people. But have you ever had someone knock on your door to ask you if you know of anyone that's renting a room?

That's what just happened to me. A guy claiming to be a college student with friends trying to save money was looking for leads on rooms for rent. I swear it's the same kid that tried to sell me an alarm system for my house last weekend. He had a badge and was carrying some paperwork, but I couldn't make out the paperwork, and the badge was on a necklace and was swung around onto his back.

He stammered out the words like a school boy asking out his first girl, so he might have been telling the truth. And who cases houses at 5pm on a Sunday? By ringing the front door and talking to the occupants? While wearing a name tag? The naive boy in me wants to take him at face value, but the guy that had his stuff stolen just a few months after moving here is more wary. After all, are there even any colleges in the Cottage Grove area?

I suggested that he check out craigslist.org as a good place to search and post for rooms to rent.

If I had to guess, I'd say that he's telling the truth, and that he's also out and about Cottage Grove trying to sell alarm systems.

Very weird though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home